Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Academy

The Oscars have always been the place where Hollywood can turn their red carpet into a runway. Although it is great to see our favorite actresses and actors be honored, we can’t help but ask those four vital questions, “Who (or what) are you wearing?”. This year prove to be no exception, we seen everything from Prada to Givenchy, and some designs looked as if they were practically snatched off the runway. So, after several ohh’s and oh-no’s, I was finally able to decide on some favorites. Each of the actresses represented my favorites for different reasons, some because I fell in love with their gowns, and others weren’t necessarily my favorite, but I still appreciated their ability to dress outside the box. I believe fashion should never be about following rules, yet it should be about individuality. So whether you liked what they wore or not im sure we can agree that they were anything but safe. As an added bonus, I also wanted to show some pictures I got of these Oscar actresses during fashion weeks.

Carey Mulligan in Prada

Photobucket
Photobucket

Christina Hendricks wears black to Elton John Oscar Party

Photobucket

Photobucket

Zoe Saldana in Givenchy

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Photo Credits: Just Jared and Style.com)

3 comments:

  1. I like how you showed not only what the stars wore to the Oscars, but what they wore after the Oscars and during fashion week. I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carey Mulligan is so cute! love the hair...follow her more

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post.. i love zoe saldana.. a little obsessed with her after seeing Avatar. Do more of these kinds of posts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...